CREATING A CULTURE OF RECOGNITION
- Get to know your staff interests
- See sample form “About YOU”
- Ask everyone how they like to be recognized public, private, in writing, etc.
- Make sure the recognition is sincere
- Make sure the recognition is personal
EVERYDAY RECOGNITION TIPS
- Develop a traveling trophy that is given to a different staff member at each staff meeting
- Keep a stack of thank you cards in your desk
- Utilize e-card websites
- Verbalize thank you
- Bring in thank you treats or snacks
RECOGNITION CEREMONY SUGGESTIONS
- Create special awards for individuals
- Most likely to show up early to a meeting
- Best dressed
- Team player
- Behind the scenes award
- Create special awards based on project groups or work teams
- Special committee for…
- Training committee
- Celebrate accomplishments
- Project completion, achieve team goal, etc.
- Recognize years of service
- 5, 10, etc.
- Year in review slideshow
- Photos contributed by staff
- Small token of appreciation to all employees
- Travel mug, pad folio, picture frame, etc.
ADDITIONAL FUN IDEAS
- Create a recognition and/or Fun committee
- Themed recognition party (1980’s, Star Wars, Motown, Favorite Sports Teams)
- Baby picture contest or slideshow
- Pie your boss or pie a staff member
- Create fundraiser cups for each staff member. Top one or two staff member that receives the most donations will be pied by staff members.