There is so much going on in the world right now. The sad part is that it has always been this way. My mind is constantly wrestling with how to combat these issues. So many issues impact the lives of my family, my community, and the world at large. I believe that many of us want to have an impact on the world; we want to leave an indelible mark on it. You can!
”The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.”
In my time away from blogging I have spent much time reflecting, re-energizing, reorganizing, and simplifying. I have also transitioned into a new job and finished up my doctoral classes. While I am still focused on effecting change, I am no longer fixated on the 24-hour news cycle and social feeds. Many people are digesting these opinionated news cycles without confirming the facts. The social feeds are filled with alethophobic and sophophobic people. I will continue to inject truth and education into my blogs, feeds, and timelines.
I have learned and been reminded of the following during my hiatus:
- You cannot share your dreams with everyone. There are too many dream crushers in this world.
- People say they want to be better but they really don’t. Most people are not willing to make the effort to become better people. What I see even more is that they are surrounded by people who prevent them from becoming better people.
- People say “I support you” but they really don’t. Support does not mean agree.
- I’ve learned that people will take advantage of you, if they can.
- I have the ability to inspire, motivate, and empower. We all have this ability!
- It is important to know your own limitations.
- Know the source of your strength. It is important to refill your cup to renew your energy.
- Many people do not understand the basic stages of development. We are all at different phases in our lives. Sometimes what I write will hit on a basic-knowledge level and other times on a deeper solution-/action-oriented level.
- Most people react and speak without thinking.
- Stay clear of people that know everything because they know nothing.
- “We become what we think about.” –Earl Nightingale
My intent has been and will always be to offer information that is educational, challenging, or entertaining—and sometimes all three. I offer the little knowledge that I have to those who wish to receive it. I am open to learning from those who are willing to teach.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”